SRK praises Hrithik for Guzaarish performance

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Shah Rukh Khan was so moved by Hrithik Roshan's performance as a paraplegic in Guzaarish that he woke up his younger colleague and made him drive down to his bungalow, Mannat, immediately.

Tired and fighting off a viral attack, Roshan still drove down to him. And he and King Khan discussed the film and Roshan's performance until 2am.

"Shah Rukh had asked for a print of Guzaarish because he's very fond of Hrithik. Also because Shah Rukh had played a mentally challenged character in My Name Is Khan, he was curious to see how Roshan had approached the character of a physically disabled hero," said a source.

SRK was watching the film with his family and friends and it was half-way through that he rang up Roshan and asked him to come over.

The two are close friends and their wives are even closer.

Said Roshan: "In fact, Sussanne was already at Mannat. When Shah Rukh wanted me to go over, I had no choice. He's always very generous."

The source added: "What started as professional inquisitiveness turned into complete involvement with the on-screen goings-on. Shah Rukh felt Hrithik in Guzaarish [outshone] his own performance in My Name Is Khan. Shah Rukh also feels Guzaarish was way superior to what the director Sanjay Leela Bhansali had achieved with Shah Rukh in Devdas."