SRK gives Bangladesh a taste of Bollywood

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2320936425.jpg

Shah Rukh Khan enthralled a packed show in Dhaka, dancing to his hit numbers and speaking Bengali.

At the show, titled King Khan Live in Dhaka, the over 25,000-strong audience comprising mostly youngsters chanted "Shah Rukh", "Shah Rukh".

Khan led a team of Bollywood actors, including Rani Mukherjee and Arjun Rampal, and singers along with Bangladeshi artists to put on a show that was "memorable for its wonderful performances", New Age newspaper said on Sunday.

Despite a claim by the organisers and Bangladesh Tourism Board, the superstar did not campaign to make the Sundarbans mangrove one of the seven natural wonders of the world.

Reaching out to the audience, the Indian superstar said in Bengali: "Ami Bangabandhu Shaikh Mujibur Rahman deshey Bharatbarsho thekey onek onek bhalobasha aar shubhechcha boye enechhi. [I bring India's good wishes to the nation of Shaikh Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh's founding leader]."

"I've heard of Kazi Nazrul Islam, Jasimuddin. I love Runajee's [Runa Laila] music. That's why I'm in Dhaka," The Daily Star quoted Khan as saying.

Bengali belle Mukherjee danced to a medley of hit songs from her films, including Saathiya, Hum Tum and Shava Shava.

Dazzling the audience with her smile and girl-next-door charm, Mukherjee said: "You folks have been supporting me since the beginning of my career. I want your love and support more in the days ahead, so that I deliver better performances."

[/img][/COLOR]