SORRY BHAI director waits for Katrina’s MBKD

SORRY BHAI director waits for Katrina’s MBKD​

It is common news by now that Katrina Kaif, Imran Khan and Ali Zafar are starring in MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN, the plot of which looks quite similar to that of Chitrangada Singh, Sanjay Suri and Sharman Joshi starrer SORRY BHAI. However the man in the middle of all, Onir (director of SORRY BHAI), is taking light of the situation. Busy with the festival rounds that his ambitious venture I AM is currently making, Onir is in mood to look ahead rather than get into any imbroglio or controversies.
“Yes, I too read about the plot of MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN on the internet. The first impression that I too got was that it sounded similar to SORRY BHAI. But then it’s the treatment that matters at the end of the day,” says Onir who has been a non-conformist since the days of MY BROTHER NIKHIL and BAS EK PAL.
However, a source close to MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN says, “Why just films revolving around brothers, there have been numerous such examples where the basic plot of two films has been the same. However, it is the overall script, screenplay and the treatment that makes all the difference.”
Well, she does have a point of view after all. If one starts picking films where two brothers fall in love with the same girl, Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt take the cake. In SAAJAN and CHAL MERE BHAI, the centre of attraction for both brothers was Madhuri Dixit and Karisma Kapoor respectively.
Closer home though; one still waits to see how the Imran Khan-Katrina Kaif starrer eventually turns out to be. After all, the film would pretty much stay on to be in scrutiny till the time its first show opens for public.
Though he may not be saying it, Onir would certainly be interested in knowing what unfolds next. After all the original title of his SORRY BHAI too was – hold your breath – MY BROTHER’S BRIDE. And guess what does it translate into when referred to in Hindi? Well, you don’t need to be a Wordsmith to arrive at an inference, right