* Son of Sardar Movie Gets Legal Notice *

#Jatt On Hunt

Staff member
Son of Sardar movie gets legal notice for portraying Sikhs in bad light

Legal notice has been served toBollywood actor Ajay Devgan for portraying Sikhs in poor light in his upcoming movie 'Son of Sardar'. Ajay Devgan is also the producer of this movie. The notice is server by Advocate Navkiran Singh, a human rights lawyer who is also related to Sikh Anti Defamation League (SADL).

"After watching the official trailer of the upcoming movie 'Son of Sardar' on YouTube,I decided to issue legal notice to the makers of the movie" Advocate Navkiran Singh told Sikh Siyasat.

Advocate Navkiran Singh

What prompted senior lawyer to send the notice to Devgn was comments like "If Sikhs were not there, then who would have invented abuses" and also "in case Sardar would not have been there, then on whom would the jokes be made" reports Times of India (TOI).

The notice said that the film, in some parts, shows Sikhs in a bad light and hurts religious sentiments.

Here are the contents of Legal Notice:

To,
AJAY DEVGAN (ACTOR & PRODUCER)
# 5/6 sheetal Apartment,
Opposite Chandan Cinema,
Juhu, Mumbai 400049
# 45-D Malgari Road,
Mumbai 400058
LEGAL NOTICE.
In your upcoming film SON OF SARDAR You have shown in some parts Sikh's in a bad light. I am mentioning about the contents available to the public through the official trailer exhibited by you on the You Tube which contains comment that like "If Sikh's were not there then who would have invented abuses like 'Teree Maan Dee , Teree Bhain Dee'. Also that 'in case Sardar would not have been there, then on whom would the jokes be made' are showing the Sikh's in bad light and have hurt the Sikh community's religious sentiments Your officialtrailer on You Tube contains such material and the film may contain more.

I request you to delete such dialogues from the film in Public Interest or my office plans to take legal action against you and all other persons involved in execution of this film on the criminal as well as civil side .
Will wait for your response for 7 days.
Navkiran Singh Advocate
Dated: 15th August 2012.