Shreyas Talpade: Meeting Hazare is not a publicity stunt

Lily

B.R
Staff member
842355267.jpg
Bollywood actor Shreyas Talpade, who has expressed hopes of meeting social activist Anna Hazare in Delhi, has vehemently denied that it's a publicity stunt to promote his latest caper, Teen Thay Bhai, releasing on Thursday.

"I knew people will have a tendency to think that all of this is to promote my film. But we have no such plans. My film has its own advantages and can stand on its merit. We don't have to stoop to such levels, it's not a Punam Pandey film," says Talpade, alluding to the obscure model Pandey who gained notoriety after she promised to go nude if the Indian cricketers won the World Cup.

The Teen Thay Bhai star also added that he and his TTB team were pulling all strings to meet with Hazare during their trip to Delhi and added that he would apologise to the fast-unto-death activist.

"I would first say sorry and then thank him for waking us up. By the way, we always wear our Teen Thay Bhai T-shirts during promotions, but if we get to meet him we will wear normal clothes and won't tell the press," Talpade said.

He is one of the many stars who have pledged their support to the anti-corruption campaign. Actors including Shabana Azmi, Bipasha Basu and Shahid Kapur took to Twitter to express their support for Hazare's anti-graft movement.

[/img][/COLOR]