Showbiz Tsismis: Louise’s splash

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Louise delos Reyes has time again proven she is in show business because she’s got what it takes to shine. In her new soap, she takes on a new challenge, one that could be a defining moment for her career.

Your next soap, Kambal Sirena, is a big challenge in so many ways. How are you coping?

It’s a physically demanding role, with a lot of underwater shoots. But it’s also fun, so I’m enjoying it despite the challenges. That’s where I take my strength from.

This puts you in a heads-on collision with Anne Curtis’ Dyesebel, where she also plays a mermaid. Your thoughts?

I have a lot of respect for Anne. She’s a great actress, and she’s already very established. I don’t see it as competition. Although our shows our both about mermaids, we have different stories to tell. For one, ours is already different since I have a twin sister on the show. It’s an interesting twist and I hope people will love our fresh take on this popular folklore legend.

This is also a more mature role, with a lot of skin exposure. Was it easy convincing you to take on this project?

The story was really great, and this is the first time that I would be playing this role, so the decision was easy. The bit about me having to show some skin is understandable, and an acceptable risk. And it’s a transition hopefully to more mature roles that I’d love to explore as part of my career’s progression.

How far will you go?

In terms of showing skin, you mean? As long as it’s called for in the script. It will be a case to case basis, depending on the script and the project.

Marian Rivera also played Dyesebel at one point. Did she get the chance to talk to her for some tips or advice?

Yes, I was. And she was very nice. She said she gave the role her all, and had no limitations. That’s the attitude I am taking. I am going to give it my very best, just like what I do with other shows. And hopefully the audience will see how different the show is, and like it.

Are you back together with Enzo Pineda?

We’re dating again. Im happy we’ve been able to sort things out; it’s like we’re starting over again. He is my best friend and it feels good to have your best friend back.