Shia battles bad robots in Transformers 3

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3628405347.jpg
Billed as the blockbuster event of the summer, the third - and from star Shia LaBeouf's point of view - final Transformers movie, has had fans salivating over the awesome special effects, epic street battles and hot new love interest in the form of Victoria's Secret model, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

With fan faves Optimus Prime and Bumblebee returning, there are also some sleek new additions to the Autobot family in the shape of Mirage, a red Ferrari 458 Italia (with an Italian accent to boot!) and Wheeljack - a blue Mercedes-Benz E550.

But, just as the good 'uns return, so too do the baddies, with Megatron and Starscream back, along with a new villain - Shockwave - a Cybertronian self-propelled cannon. Scary!

So, as the Decepticons set out to destroy the Autobots and the earth once and for all, we reveal some of our fave (and scariest!) big screenkiller robots…

Megatron

With Hugo Weaving returning once more to voice the leader of the Decepticons, Megatron has changed his vehicle mode in the third instalment, to embody an armoured Mack Titan 10-wheeler fuel tank truck. But this time around the chief baddie will hide half of his face behind a cowl due to injuries sustained in the last movie.

The Terminator

A cold, soulless killing machine with a human-looking appearance, Arnie's Terminator cyborg stopped at nothing to complete his massacre mission, hunting down Sarah Connor in order to prevent her from giving birth to the future leader of the Resistance.

The Evil Robot Us's

When Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted ‘Theodore' Logan are captured by ‘the evil robot Us's' in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, the baddies set out to destroy the boys' band, Wyld Stallyns, and break up with their girlfriends so that the real Bill and Ted don't bring harmony to the universe in the future. Melvined!

The NS-5s

Managing to break their programming free of Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics, I, Robot's NS-5s destroy the older, subservient robots in a bid to take over the world. But they don't bet on Will Smith's robot-hating Del Spooner…

The Sentinels

The octopus-like killing machines - nicknamed ‘Squiddies' - patrol the passageways of the dead human cities in the three Matrix films, attacking their enemies and releasing guided explosives that can destroy hovercrafts with ease.

ED-209

Robocop's prototype police-replacement, the ED-209, was the can't-be-reasoned-with, machine-guns-for-arms robot, which famously informed its soon-to-be dead victims, "You have 20 seconds to comply."

Shia spills all…

What tempted you back to star as Sam for the third time?

[It] had the best characters and storylines for everybody. The writer, Ehren (Kruger) really found a cool arc for Sam. I think in the end the movie is the best movie we have made and also was the greatest journey in terms of my enjoyment of it actually on the set.

So, what's Sam up to at the start of the movie?

Sam has just got out of school and he's on the road to his first job, [but it's] the middle of an economic downturn and it's hard to get a job. He also has post-traumatic stress disorder.

Megan Fox famously fell out with director Michael Bay - what's been your experience of working with him?

I had more fun on this movie just in general, just being around. I think Michael has also calmed down. My relationship with him has really changed and we have such a strong friendship now.

How was it working with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley?

Rosie is incredible. She's a great person to be around and has fantastic energy, which is always nice. If you're going to spend six, seven months with someone, it's great if you enjoy spending that time.

Were there any scary moments on set?

Rosie would get nervous around fire, and when we did the car scenes she got a little scared. But you know it wasn't a case of me offering advice, it was just sort of coaxing her and encouraging her and talking to her about it.

You've got a great support cast in the film - how did you get on with the new guys?

Frances McDormand is just incredible - she never has a false moment, even when she's talking to robots. And Malkovich is very elusive and he sort of stays to himself, but if you get to talk to him he opens up and his stories are insane!
[/img][/COLOR]