'Shane makes me happy'

Lily

B.R
Staff member
452341309.jpg
They say marry in haste, repent at leisure — and it's advice Elizabeth Hurley is now keen to adhere to.

In her first interview since announcing her engagement to former Australia cricketer Shane Warne last month, the actress/model says the couple are in no rush to tie the knot, adding: "We are going to enjoy being engaged for a while."

Hurley, 45, whose first marriage to Indian textiles heir Arun Nayar ended in divorce in June, said: "It's a very exciting time for me and Shane. We aren't making any immediate plans to get married.

"Shane makes me happy, we have lots of fun together, we laugh a lot and that's very important to me. I couldn't put up with serious for too long."

Warne, 42, is also divorced — his marriage to Simone Callahan, the mother of his three children, ended in 2006. Hurley describes the close bond that has developed between her nine-year-old son Damian, the product of a brief fling with American millionaire Steve Bing, and her fiance and his children.

She says that after a year dating the cricketer, she calls the Warnes her "new family". "My family and my new family with Shane and his kids are what's important. His children are really beautiful, sweet and affectionate. They get on brilliantly with Damian and, as an only child, it's great for him to have them around when they come to stay."

The Austin Powers star, who dated Hugh Grant for 13 years until 2000, also asserts that she enjoys good relationships with her ex-husband and former long-term boyfriend.

"Arun and I are still best friends," she says. "Hugh, Arun, my sister and I went on holidays together many times and Shane plays golf with Hugh regularly."

Hurley, who besides her acting career has her own beachwear line, also reveals in the interview that she has called time on her bikini-modelling career.

She says: "My beach range is in its sixth year and last year was the first time we hired another model to do most of the shots. I said, ‘I will do the kaftans, but someone else can do the bikinis.'"
[/img][/COLOR]