Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif in a royal love story?

chief

Prime VIP

A dream project

Paris-based Indian filmmaker Vijay Singh is set to do what none has been able to in Hindi film industry so far. He’s in talks with Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan for his next project, an 18th century historical love story between an Awadh king and a British girl.

Singh, who has shot critically acclaimed feature films like Jaya Ganga and One Dollar Curry in the past feels that Shahrukh, who has previously played emperor Ashoka, will be perfect as Nawab Naseeruddin Haidar in his third film, The Opium Symphony, based on his book Whirlpool of Shadows.

“I had met Shah Rukh regarding the movie and he had liked the idea. I am planning to approach him again for the role of the Nawab. He ruled Awadh from 1826-36 and fell in love with a British girl but their love did not suit the interest of opium traders at that time,” Singh said in an interview.

The coup is that to play the British girl, Singh has his eye on Katrina Kaif.

“Earlier I was planning to take a Hollywood starlet opposite him for the role of the British girl but I might talk to Katrina Kaif. I have been told she is British and is a fine actress,” Singh said.