Sarah Jessica Parker spills on Carrie's return

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1845519179.jpg
Although there will always be a place in our hearts for Sarah Jessica Parker's shoe-loving Sex and the City alter ego, Carrie Bradshaw, we weren't quite sure there was anywhere left for her beloved character to go – especially after the unmitigated disaster that was SATC2.

But SJP, who jetted into Cannes last week to start promoting her new movie, recently revealed that there could be life in her old character yet, whether it means a third outing for the Manhattan foursome, or a focus on Carrie in high school – adapted from Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell's latest book The Carrie Diaries.

"I think it always comes down to story and what is the story people want to tell," SJP told MTV, last week. "Obviously, I feel proprietary in the best possible way about that entire franchise as it were, but I think there are lots of talented storytellers and obviously lots of talented actors who might be a part of it." Adding, "I think, like anything, you base your opinion on material and content, and I think that would be the only way for any of us to have an opinion."

So, with Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha and Miranda all happily living in New York, is there anywhere left for the tale of the four city gals to go?

"I think there is perhaps one more small, important story to tell," teased SJP. "Whether or not we choose to do that, and when we choose to do that, remains unknown."
[/img][/COLOR]