Saif Ali Khan's red carpet humiliation

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1401400212.jpg
While the cream of Bollywood, including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor and Mallika Sherawat have been spotted posing like mad for the Cannes shutterbugs in designer glitter it seems strange that Saif Ali Khan, despite a massive media announcement in Mumbai, didn’t make it to any photo-op at the world-famous Film Fest.

And the reason? He missed his cue for his Cannes red carpet debut and was shoved to a corner by the Cannes agents.

Khan, however, was unwilling to admit to the blunder and instead ridiculed the efforts of his B-town peers, claiming that turning up to endorse brands don’t count as truly representing Bollywood in Cannes. “I just think the time to go there is when you go with a movie,” the actor stressed, during the press call in Mumbai for this next Prakash Jha film Aarakshan.

“Sometimes we talk about it (Cannes Film Festival) as if someone has won an Oscar! It’s not like that, it’s just a trip to the south of France,” he sniped, adding a pot-shot at decade-old Cannes veteran Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, saying, “She’s a beautiful face… the international face of Indian cinema and she has been there for 10 years, and that’s great. But I have my own take on it (that one must go there armed with a movie), having been there!”

[/img][/COLOR]