Sacha ‘kidnaps' Scorsese

Lily

B.R
Staff member
His latest film The Dictator has already caused quite the stir, especially after Sacha Baron Cohen's antics at the 2012 Oscars.

While throwing an urn full of ashes over Ryan Seacrest took everyone by surprise, so did his latest promotional venture — a stint on Saturday Night Live.

The actor came in character as Admiral General Aladeen, appearing on the Weekend Update news sketch.

He was interviewed by Seth Meyers about the new film and made several controversial jokes in the process, before bringing in another surprise guest in the form of Martin Scorsese.

The Dictator stated: "Well it is one of the best reviewed films of the year", before launching into fictional reviews by reporters.

He read out a page that he claimed was written by film critic A.O. Scott, which said: "The Dictator is the best film I have seen in the last ten years. There, I said it. Please, please, not my face. I was glued to my seat."

He then added: "Roger Ebert gave this movie two thumbs up, You don't believe me? Look," and pulled two bloody thumbs from his pocket.

After protests from Meyers, the character said: "Fine, you don't believe me - maybe you will believe this man," and a man tied up with a bag on his head was brought onto the stage. When the bag was pulled off, it was revealed to be director Martin Scorsese who was asked to give his opinion on the upcoming film.

However this didn't happen until an electric shock machine was brought onto the stage, with Martin receiving a shock every time he said something supposedly displeasing.

He stuttered through a series of shocks: "It was good. It was great. It was better than Raging Bull."

Sacha's character hit back: "You think this is torture? I had to sit through The Aviator."

Dissatisfied, The Dictator figure declared: "Put him back in the cellar with Coppola."

Martin protested: "You told me I'd be released," to which he was offered the response, "Well, you promised me that Hugo would be under two hours."