Rihanna had second thoughts on sequel

Lily

B.R
Staff member
116967757.jpg

Rihanna has revealed she was wary about recording a sequel to her hit track Love The Way You Lie with rapper Eminem because she was convinced the original could not be bettered.

The song stormed the charts this summer, spending seven consecutive weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in the US and reaching number one in 22 other countries. However, when Eminem began working on the follow-up, Rihanna almost refused to take part, reports mtv.com.

"When I first heard the idea about doing a part two, I was just completely against it. I just felt like you couldn't beat the original. There's no way you can out-do that, so why compete with it?" she said.

The Umbrella hitmaker's reservations were dispelled when she headed into the studio with the rapper.

"We heard a broken-down version that was stripped down, just piano... I fell in love with it. We recorded it, then we did another version to the stripped-down version with drums, then we did another version with drums and Eminem. And then that was the one that just felt really good. I love both — I love the broken-down version, as well as the new one with Eminem," she said.

[/img][/COLOR]