'Rajinikanth is an icon'

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2538774583.jpg
After striking gold with Bodyguard, starring his brother-in-law Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor, actor-turned-producer Atul Agnihotri is now working on a biopic on southern superstar Rajinikanth.

"There is a huge responsibility involved in making a film on Rajinikanth. We need his approval and contribution. Making a film on him will be an enriching experience for us. Certain commerce is involved in filmmaking; so we are working out the logistics," Agnihotri said.

The idea to make a Rajinikanth biopic came from Agnihotri's friend, commercial maker Lloyd Ba Pista, who will direct the film, said the filmmaker, who is married to Khan's sister Alvira.

"Rajinikanth is an icon. When I read books on him, I was very impressed — it has the beauty of the pursuit of happiness. From the production angle, I thought it would be a great project.

"The environment is different and so is the story and its approach. As it's a biopic, the take is different. We have to make it entertaining without losing the honesty of the story."

The 41-year-old's second production venture, Bodyguard, has already grossed about Rs835 million (Dh66.35 million) in the last weekend. He is hoping to take the success forward with the Rajinikanth biopic.

"After a long time we have got success and opportunity; so we would like to make the most of it."
[/img][/COLOR]