Rahul Mahajan beats up his wife?

chief

Prime VIP

Dimpy Ganguly speaks out!

Dimpy Ganguly, the Kolkata based model who got married to Rahul Mahajan on a reality show a few months back, has reportedly walked out of the marriage. She alleges that Rahul beat her up on Thursday morning.

“Rahul beat me up early on Thursday morning after waking me up to know the contents of a message that had beeped on my phone. When I asked him to go back to sleep, he flew into a rage and began hitting me. He punched, kicked and dragged me by hair,” Dimpy told a TV channel.

Incidentally, Rahul was accused of domestic violence even by his first wife Shweta Singh, who also walked out of marriage with Rahul. The couple got divorced in 2008.

Son of late politician Pramod Mahajan, Rahul has had a troubled past and was also involved in a drug abuse case.

(Photo: Rahul and Dimpy in happy times)

chief

Prime VIP
Rahul punched, kicked me: Dimpy

Rahul punched, kicked me: Dimpy

Rahul Mahajan’s second wife, Kolkata model Dimpy Ganguly, left his Worli house in the early hours of Thursday after what she has described as a night of violent abuse.

Mumbai Mirror met up with Dimpy at Dadar on Thursday, just hours after she left Rahul's house vowing never to return. There were bruises on her shin, right and left hand, while her left cheek was swollen. There was also a lump on her head.

Dimpy said Rahul beat her up early on Thursday morning after waking her up to know the contents of a message that had just beeped on her phone. Since the phone had the key-pad lock on, Rahul was unable to operate it.

When Dimpy asked him to let her sleep, he flew into a rage and began hitting her. She said he punched, kicked and dragged her by her hair.

When she could not take it any more, Dimpy pushed him, picked up her phone, ran down the stairs and hid in the passageway. This was 3.30 am. Dimpy then called a friend, who picked her up around 4 am.

Her father arrived at Rahul's house at 4 pm after she related the incident to him over the phone. That's when she returned to the house, packed her bags and left.

When contacted, Rahul denied he hit Dimpy. "It is not true at all. I just had dinner with Dimpy's father," he said.

Dimpy, who married Rahul on TV reality show Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega in March this year, had made desperate calls for help to her family and friends in the past couple of weeks.

A source said the abuse had started just a month after their national TV wedding. "However, the intensity increased in the past month-and-a-half," he said.

Dimpy further said that the problems started after her insistence on appearing for her second year exam. Rahul was not happy with her trips to Kolkata for the same.

When he got angry, he would also get physical. "One such fight got so out of hand that I had to call my mother-in-law. Later he was angry that I had involved his mother in the affair," Dimpy said.

She also alleged that during another fight, Rahul had pointed a gun at her. "He is a nice guy, but when he loses it, there is no telling what he might do."

This is not the first time Rahul, son of late Bharatiya Janata Party leader Pramod Mahajan, has been accused of domestic violence.

Media reports had indicated his separation from his first wife, commercial pilot Shweta Singh, was because he used to hit her. The couple divorced in August 2008.