Prosenjit Chatterjee can't do what Big B did in KBC

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2543368149.jpg

Bengali superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee recently got an offer to host the Bengali version of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), but he refused, saying he can't create the same magic that Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan did with the quiz show.

"They offered and they are still asking me to do this, but I am not doing that. I am a big follower of Mr Bachchan. I can't do what Mr Bachchan has done. I somehow can't place myself where Mr Bachchan sat," Chatterjee said.

KBC, based on the British show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, made history when it was first launched in 2000 with Bachchan as the host. Five years later, he hosted the second season of the show.

In 2007, superstar Shah Rukh Khan hosted the third season. But last year, Bachchan returned to host the fourth season of KBC.

Bollywood actors are doing lot of television shows and the trend has reached the Bengali film industry too, but Chatterjee is staying away from small screen right now.

"I will come to television very soon. But I have been keeping myself away for a very long time because I am waiting for the right thing. I don't want to rush for anything. I have never hurried in life,' said the national award-winning actor.

[/img][/COLOR]