Priyanka and Big B not confirmed for Zanjeer remake

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1953847828.jpg

The leading lady for the remake of 1973 film Zanjeer is yet to be finalised, says director Apoorva Lakhia, putting rest to rumours that Priyanka Chopra has already been cast. He also says that he is yet to approach Amitabh Bachchan to play a part in the film.

"Priyanka Chopra is not yet confirmed. We have not yet decided on that. However, we are starting the film's shoot from May 13. The scenes of the lead actor will be shot," said Lakhia.

The lead actor in the remake will be played by southern superstar Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Teja, who will step into the shoes of Bachchan.

While rumours are rife that Bachchan will be seen in a cameo, Lakhia said: "I have not approached Mr Bachchan yet. But I will soon approach him. It would be great if he could show his presence in the film."

He considers it his "duty" to approach Big B for the Zanjeer remake. "I would approach him for all obvious reasons. Who does not want to cast Mr. Bachchan in their film?" he added.

The original Zanjeer played an important role in shaping Bachchan's career by catapulting him to fame — the film helped him to earn the title of "Angry Young Man".

The remake of Zanjeer is being produced by Amit Mehra.
[/img][/COLOR]