People try to pull you down: Sonakshi Sinha

rickybadboy

By Hindustan Times

Thanks to Salman Khan’s Dabangg (2010), she entered Bollywood with a bang. But ever since she hit the marquee, Sonakshi Sinha’s been in the news for alleged catfights with her female colleagues from Katrina Kaif to Zarine Khan and Anushka Sharma. But the young actor isn’t bothered.

“I am very happy in my personal space. I have no (negative) equations with anyone. I do my work, go back home and look forward to the next day. I rarely go out partying for such things (alleged catfights) to happen,” she says with a smile.

For the uninitiated, Sonkashi was rumoured to have irritated Kat, when she replaced her in a series of ads and films. Later, she made news for allegedly pushing Zarine at a party. Then, her sudden friendship with actor Ranveer Singh succeeded in ticking off his ‘close friend’ Anushka.

“It’s very silly and funny. You know, I have stopped reading newspapers, so it doesn’t affect me at all,” says Sonakshi, admitting that the rumours did trouble her at first. “Back then, I was in a space where it would affect me, though I’d never react. Now, it has come to a point where I don’t care,” she says.

In fact, Sonakshi believes there’s a simple logic behind all the false stories circulating about her: “People want to read about you, so you will be written about. And they would rather talk about you than not talk at all. It’s a sign that you are doing well. If you are successful, people will try to pull you down. It’s a rule of life.”

On the career front, Sonakshi is busy with five films. “I am doing Rowdy Rathore and Joker simultaneously. Then, I start with Race 2, before taking on Son Of Sardar and Kick,” says Sonakshi, adding that she’s finally backed out of Kamal Haasan’s Viswaroopam. “Due to prior commitments, I pulled out. Being a newcomer, it’s not right for me to delay other projects because of one film. So we parted ways amicably,” she says.