Oliver Stone graces the 12th Mumbai Film Festival

chief

Prime VIP
Mr. Amit Khanna and Mr. Srinivasan Narayanan introduced the most celebrated Oliver Stone to one and all present at the MAMI 12th Mumbai Film Festival's press conference. The audience was thrilled to have such a talented person amongst them. The conference started and Mr. Stone shared his thoughts and experiences with all...

Oliver Stone shared, "The issue with my movies is that people expect." Wall Street was initially not liked by people, but slowly the people started understanding the story is about love, trust, classic drama and betray. It is about relationships, father - daughter, mother-son. The protagonist of his movie goes through a lot of changes due to his circumstances in life.

Shooting of Alexander

Stone explored India along with Mr. Noorani to choose locations, he also travelled to Jaipur in search of interesting landscape and finally zeroed on Ladak. He brought along a few American crew members and they shot in March 2004 for Alexander in Ladak. Alexander's last explored land was India so they shot a scene of Alexander in Ladak.

When asked about his feeling towards films, Oliver Stone said, "I am very passionate about making films and every single movie I make matters to me."

On his upcoming movie for next year

"It is about the untold history of United States. It is about a lot of heroes who no one knows about. It is about a decision of why a bomb was dropped on Russia. Overall the mixture of all the untold history of America is the base of his upcoming film," said Stone.

On Indian Cinema:

"Indian Cinema is very vast, every week there are new films. It's difficult for him to keep track of so many of them and their names. But the Indian films have a mix of romance, tragedy and comedy all in one - so I really like the way it is done," stated Oliver Stone.

Shoot in India:

Oliver Stone said that he tried to do City of Joy, "I would love to have Daniel Luck to do Slumdog Millionaire." In fact, he tried to shoot City of Joy but it did not happen, and it went to another director, "There is a destiny to every film." said Oliver.

There are movies that do not do well when released but they gain momentum in due time.