No time for love: Anushka

Rano

VIP
Anushka Sharma’s off to London to attend the premiere of her latest film. And she says that she wouldn’t be embarrassed to watch the intimate scenes she shares with co-star Shahid Kapoor with her family.

I’ve never hidden anything from them. The biggest reason I signed the film was because of my brother. He has a gut feeling about films despite not being from the industry (he’s in the merchant navy). And the intimate scenes with Shahid are not a big deal. Audiences today don’t have closed minds,” she says.

This is her second film after her debut in 2008. Why is so little happening in her career? “It’s a conscious decision to do as many different roles as possible. Lots of films came my way after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. But, it’s extremely boring to do the same thing. Unfortunately, the role you play in your first film is a reference point for most people. But, if doing the right kind of films means not being everywhere all the time, I’m ok with it,” states Anushka. All the films she’s chosen till now are big banner projects. “I want to do very classy, good work. It’s the script that matters,” she says. What about established actors? First Shah Rukh Khan, now Shahid and then, it’s Akshay Kumar, who’s her co-star in Patiala House. “I can’t decide the actors I’ll work with. But, I’d be stupid to deny that films with these stars get bigger openings because of the kind of fan following they have,” she maintains.

Anushka isn’t looking at multi-starrers at this point, though. “It’s important for me to do strong roles as I’ve just started my career. When I’m a bigger name, doing better than I’m doing right now, I’ll consider them,” she says.

Isn’t love important to her? “There’s no time for love. Relationships require commitment. I’m too selfish at the moment to be in one. My antenna is not up for love,” she smiles.

Check out Anushka Sharma’s homepage