No time for love: Anushka

Quick Register
User Name:
Human Verification

Go Back   UNP > Chit-Chat > News > Entertainment News

UNP Register

Old 10-May-2010
No time for love: Anushka

Anushka Sharmas off to London to attend the premiere of her latest film. And she says that she wouldnt be embarrassed to watch the intimate scenes she shares with co-star Shahid Kapoor with her family.

Ive never hidden anything from them. The biggest reason I signed the film was because of my brother. He has a gut feeling about films despite not being from the industry (hes in the merchant navy). And the intimate scenes with Shahid are not a big deal. Audiences today dont have closed minds, she says.

This is her second film after her debut in 2008. Why is so little happening in her career? Its a conscious decision to do as many different roles as possible. Lots of films came my way after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. But, its extremely boring to do the same thing. Unfortunately, the role you play in your first film is a reference point for most people. But, if doing the right kind of films means not being everywhere all the time, Im ok with it, states Anushka. All the films shes chosen till now are big banner projects. I want to do very classy, good work. Its the script that matters, she says. What about established actors? First Shah Rukh Khan, now Shahid and then, its Akshay Kumar, whos her co-star in Patiala House. I cant decide the actors Ill work with. But, Id be stupid to deny that films with these stars get bigger openings because of the kind of fan following they have, she maintains.

Anushka isnt looking at multi-starrers at this point, though. Its important for me to do strong roles as Ive just started my career. When Im a bigger name, doing better than Im doing right now, Ill consider them, she says.

Isnt love important to her? Theres no time for love. Relationships require commitment. Im too selfish at the moment to be in one. My antenna is not up for love, she smiles.

Check out Anushka Sharmas homepage

Old 10-May-2010
Und3rgr0und J4tt1
Re: No time for love: Anushka

Old 21-May-2010
Re: No time for love: Anushka

Post New Thread  Reply

« Aamir Khan turns editor for 'Delhi Belly' | सलमान के किया विवेक को लॉक! »