No formality between me and Akshay: Katrina Kaif

Lily

B.R
Staff member

Four years of successful teaming up and many hit films together has made Katrina Kaif and Akshay Kumar casually comfortable with each other.

It’s the jodi that’s known for sending the cash registers ringing at box office. It began in 2006 on a dull note with Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, but then followed a string of hits like Namastey London, Welcome and Singh Is Kingg that crowned Akki-Kat as the most bankable onscreen couple of Bollywood. Now, as they are set to return in Farah Khan’s Tees Maar Khan, Katrina says there’s no more formality left between her and Akshay.

“In the first year Akshay was like ...Hi, good morning want a hug. In the second year, it was good morning. Third year was morning. Fourth year, it was a smile and now it is 'What's the shot'. We trust and respect each other. Also, now that we are familiar with each other so we tend to drop all the formalities,” the 26-year-old actress is quoted as saying by a news agency.

When asked about the secret of her chemistry with Akshay, Katrina said the fact that she has worked a lot with Akki makes her comfortable with him.

“It’s the familiarity that works. I have spent about 500 days or so shooting with Akshay in the last five years and I think there is no secret to our chemistry. It’s good because Akshay has that certain amount of trust and confidence in me,” Katrina said.