Nathalia: Item songs aren't vulgar

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3621602409.jpg
She is making her foray in the Hindi film industry with an item song in Department and Brazilian model-turned-actress Nathalia Kaur feels item numbers should not be labelled vulgar.

"I don't like people calling me an item girl. I think it's another way of showing talent and skills. I found it very artistic. People might criticise and label you, but there is nothing wrong in doing an item number," Kaur said.

"The word item girl doesn't hit me, I don't see this as obscene or vulgar, I found this very artistic."

Kaur will be seen dancing to the item number Dan dan. Choreographed by Ganesh Acharya, the soundtrack is composed by Dharam Sandeep, Bappi Lahiri and Vikram Nagi.

"The song is part of the movie and contains a lot of meaning. It's very well-placed in the film. I think the song gave me a chance to show my talent," Kaur said.

Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, Department, starring Sanjay Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan and Rana Daggubati, is expected to be released later this month.

Kaur believes that her modelling helped her bag roles in Bollywood films.

"I started modelling at the right time and at the right place. Right now I'm doing a film, the item number was just to launch myself in the industry," she said.
[/img][/COLOR]