My wedding would be grand: Vivek Oberoi

chief

Prime VIP

A grand but private affair

October 29 is the day when actor Vivek Oberoi will tie the knot with the Bangalore girl Priyanka Alva. He says his wedding would be a grand affair.

“The wedding will be grand but a very private affair followed by a reception in Mumbai with family and friends attending,” Vivek told a news agency.

However, the groom-to-be has not even started doing shopping for his wedding.

“I am so preoccupied with Rakta Charitra that I did not do any shopping for my marriage. Now my family is taking care of that. I will soon be a married man but the feeling is yet to sink in,” Vivek added.

Incidentally, Vivek is so tied up with the promotion of the film, that he’ll also postpone his honeymoon. And when he explained his reasons for doing so to Priyanka, she did not complain.

“Priyanka has been very understanding and supportive. It is very unusual for a bride to be this practical and understanding about my career. She is really a lovely girl and means a lot to me. I thank Karnataka for giving me their most beautiful daughter,” Vivek said.

Incidentally, when Vivek visited Bangalore to promote the film, he was referred to as Karnataka ka damaad.