My hard work is my godfather: Kranti Prakash

My hard work is my godfather: Kranti Prakash​

With new faces propping up in Bollywood everyday upcoming actor Kranti Prakash is no exception, but the model-turned-actor, who will be seen opposite Neetu Chandra in ''Deswa'', says he is determined to make his mark.
"So far my journey in Bollywood has been a mixed experience. Having a godfather helps one immensely. I also feel the need of a godfather sometime but I think hard work is my godfather," said Kranti, who made his debut with ''Vikalp'' opposite Deepal Shaw.
With a theatre background Kranti, who kickstarted his career by appearing in TV commercials, will next be seen in a Bhojpuri film ''Deswa'' directed by Nitin Chandra.
''Deswa'', a hard-hittingfilm is based on real incidents of corruption, crime and kidnappings in Bihar.
"This story depicts the scenario in Bihar from the perspective of three characters and how they deal with it. I play the central character who wants to do something for his "des".
"Though the film is in Bhojpuri and Hindi it could be set anywhere. It is a story about all of us who want to go back to their roots and give back to the place where they belong," he said.
The actor also laments the present state of Bhojpuri films which has deteoriated over the years due to the obscenity and lack of good stories.
"My main reason to do this film was to become part of a team who want to change the face of Bhojpuri films. And if the directors, actors and producers work together it won''t take much time to make its transition to clean cinema and take it to the level of other regional language films which is being appreciated internationally," said the 25-year-old actor.
Ask him about his favourite directors, the novice says, "There are many. I want to work with Sudhir Mishra, Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap and Dibankar Banerjee but the main thing is they should also be willing to work with me