Mother's shock at learning son is Madonna's toyboy

Lily

B.R
Staff member
The mother of Madonna's latest toyboy told yesterday of her astonishment when her son told her who he was dating.

Frenchwoman Patricia Vidal said she received a phone call from her 24-year-old son Brahim Zaibat, a dancer working in New York.

"I've got a new girlfriend," he said.

The mother of four was unperturbed when he mentioned an age gap of eight years.

"You've always been mature for your age — it will be good to spend some time with a girl who's a bit older than you," she said.

"No," Zaibat replied. "She's eight years older than you, Mum — and her name is Madonna."

"My mouth fell open when I realised that my son was Madonna's new boyfriend," said 44-year-old Vidal at her ninth-floor flat on a dingy council estate in Lyon.

"It's something I'm still trying to come to terms with. Madonna was already a big star when I was a schoolgirl, let alone when Brahim was growing up. The whole situation is very strange indeed — surreal even."

Zaibat met 52-year-old Madonna in September when he was dancing at the launch of her new line of clothes at Macy's department store in New York. She invited him out and observers say it was love at first sight.