Monica Bedi is set to make her Punjabi debut

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Bollywood actress Monica Bedi, who was last seen in Bigg Boss, is all set to make her debut in Punjabi film.

Bedi, 37, will feature in Sirphire along with Priyanshu Chatterjee and Gurleen Chopra. The film is produced by Gurpreet Singh Sidhu.

“I have done Hindi films, acted in Telegu, Tamil, Gujarati and Nepali films as well. I have done all sorts of films, but I had to wait long for the right script to act in a Punjabi movie. When I read the script of this movie, I knew the hunt was over,” Bedi said on Sunday.

Bedi, who hails from Chabewal in Hoshiarpur district, said she always wanted to be a part of the Punjabi film industry.

“I am a Desi girl at heart. I am emotionally connected with Punjab. I really do hope that people will like this family entertainer, which is a mix of comedy as well,” she said.

In the film, she plays a typical Punjabi girl, who is “cultured, sober and religious”.

“I play Simran in the film, which portrays how our rich cultural heritage, which is instilled in us from the time we step into this world, gets overshadowed by superficial concepts of Westernisation and the way it leads the youngsters to immoral activities. The movie depicts that how the lives of three Sirphires transforms for good after an incident,” she said.