Meet the ‘hubby killer’ Sushmita Sen

chief

Prime VIP

She plays a bizarre character in ‘No Problem’

A psycho wife who suffers from split personality and itches to kill her husband. That’s the role Sushmita Sen plays in the upcoming comedy No Problem.

In the movie directed by Anees Bazmee, Sush is married to Anil Kapoor, who plays a bumbling police officer, never able to catch criminals.

In an agency interview, Anil Kapoor says he found Sush’s role somewhat bizarre.

“I thought that this entire split personality thing about Sushmita's character was a little bizarre. There aren't many comedies where you hear about a wife trying to kill her husband. In 'No Problem', her mental disorder makes her all violent and physical,” says Kapoor.

Speaking about Sush’s character, Anil added that he convinced himself that the character would eventually work to the film’s advantage.

“She gets into such a state because before marriage, she thought of me as a hero, only to realise later that I am actually a zero. She bashes me up every now and then. But initially, I had to convince myself that such scenes would work fine for the movie,” Kapoor added.

The actor said Bipasha Basu and Lara Dutta were in the race for the role but director Anees Bazmee convinced him to cast Sushmita.

“There were number of names that were thought of for a woman to play a lead opposite me. We thought of Lara (Dutta) as well as Bipasha (Basu) but Anees was convinced that Sushmita would suit the role best,” Kapoor said.

The film is a multistarrer featuring Sanjay Dutt, Akshaye Khanna, Paresh Rawal, Sunil Shetty, Kangana Ranaut and Neetu Chandra. It is slated to release on December 10.