Madhuri Dixit is back in the game

Lily

B.R
Staff member
759751345.jpg
She ruled over Bollywood for years. Now, long after taking a break from Bollywood to play doting mother to her two boys (Arin, 7, and Raayan, 5), Madhuri Dixit is back to satisfy her artistic side. And just when news reports surfaced about her reservations regarding playing mother to Sonam Kapoor, Dixit clarifies that she is willing to take on any role, old or young, as along as it fascinates her.

"I don't feel weird about playing a mother on screen. I am a mother after all," she proclaims.

So does that mean she iswilling to play Sonam's mom in Anil Kapoor's Indian version of Freaky Friday?

"I still have to talk to Anil-ji. He isn't available as he is out of town. When he comes back, we will meet and talk about it," she says.

The 43-year-old, who has moved to Mumbai temporarily to judge the fourth season of Sony TV's dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, has been meeting producers and reading scripts but she is far from signing on the dotted line.

Wearing a grey and cream suit, without a trace of make-up, the actress looks as graceful as ever as she lets us in on her movie plans. "See, the film should also fascinate me. What matters is the subject and what they are trying to say through the film... It's not just whether I have to play a mother or a child or whatever. That doesn't matter. But it's about the film; the role and what I to do in the film that are important considerations."

Dixit became a name to reckon with after her stupendous performance in super hits like Tezaab, Ram Lakhan, Tridev, Dil, Saajan, Khalnayak, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Dil To Pagal Hai and Devdas.

But soon after she tied the knot with US-based doctor Shriram Nene in 1999, Madhuri moved base to Denver, Colorado, and returned only for a select few films.

Her last Bollywood outing Aaja Nachle failed to create ripples at the box office, but that hasn't dissuaded her from wanting to take on new challenges. In fact, she is open to working with new directors now.

"I am looking forward to working with good directors. I don't mind working with someone new or even someone I have already worked with. I just think it should be somethingnew on-screen and it should show me ina new light."

She says she's even ready to make a departure from her image if an interesting role demanded it.

"The right kind of script is very important. I want to do a fun and entertaining movie which my fans would like to watch. So I am waiting for those kind of scripts. I am ready for an image change if I think a film is going to be nice and entertaining and it's going to say something different. I am an actress and I like to do different things. I don't mind doing grey shades either… So, I have no qualms about doing anything, but it should be for a good script."

[/img][/COLOR]