Lisa Ray is cancer free

prithvi.k

on off on off......
There's good news for Lisa Ray and her fans.
Ten months after being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, the Canadian born actress says she is cancer free, has enjoyed being bald, and is ready to embrace her second home, India, with new vigour.
The 38-year-old who starred in Hindi movies like Kasoor and Water was photographed by Reuters in Hollywood where she showed off her new look as a result of treatment consisting of chemotherapy and stem cell transplant.

######

In her blog, she wrote that when she got the news, 'I didn't react and I didn't cry'.
'That's how I felt after the diagnosis. Ok, I've got The Cancer. The tough part is over', she had added.
Lisa further wrote in her blog: 'Myeloma is incurable... I believe it can be cured... That's the Dirty Realist in me...I'm aiming for Full Remission...I am humbled and inspired.'
Looks like her grit and determination finally paid off. Hats off to you, Lisa!

"It's really been a kind of rebirth," she said of her radical stem cell transplant treatment. "It's like being reborn from the inside out. It's a big cleaning from the middle of your marrow and spreading out."
Multiple myeloma is a cancer of white blood cells that attacks and destroys bone and which more commonly afflicts people in their mid-60s. There is currently no known cure and treatment is focused on containment.

But Ray, born in Canada to an Indian father and Polish mother, chose to fight back, and chronicle her battle in a painfully honest yet humorous blog that has won her even more admirers.
The glossy-haired star of Bollywood movies Water and Kasoor, showed off her new short-hair look this week in Los Angeles.
Her most recent movie, Cooking with Stella, opened the Indian Film Festival in the US city as a benefit for the Los Angeles-based Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research.

"My hair is coming back and it is looking awesome right now. I am just loving it. It is the sleekest and most well-put together I have ever looked," she laughed.
Ray recalled that she had cut off her long dark locks for her role in 2007 Oscar-nominated movie Water. But having her hair fall out while undergoing cancer treatment was a different matter.
"What was traumatic about losing my hair this time was I didn't have a choice. But I have enjoyed being bald," she added, relishing the absence of shampoos, conditioners and hair dryers in her life.

her website- www.lisaraniray.com