Lara Dutta: Give her a fair chance

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1367811439.jpg
Bollywood actresses don't get much opportunity to lead a film and end up playing wife, girlfriend or love interest, says actor-producer Lara Dutta, explaining that the name of her production company Bheegi Basanti is a tongue-in-cheek take on how they are viewed in Bollywood.

"Basanti obviously came from Sholay and it's also a typical Hindi film heroine name. I think Bheegi Basanti is a very quintessential, typical image of a Hindi film heroine that has been in cinema across time. For me, it was a little bit of a tongue-in-cheek take also on how heroines are viewed in the Hindi film industry," Dutta said.

The first film from the 33-year-old's production house is Chalo Dilli, sees the actress in the female lead.

Dutta, who worked in multi-starrers like Housefull, No Entry and Partner, said: "I was waiting for the pressure of delivering. It's not that I was trying to hide away from that. In the industry, you get very little chance, very few scripts where an actress could do something or take the burden of the film and end up being the hero's wife, girlfriend or love interest."

[/img][/COLOR]