Khan spoils Munnabhai's America trip

chief

Prime VIP

Khan spoils Munnabhai's America trip

The lovable goon Munnabhai and his funny sidekick Circuit were all set to pack their bags and fly to the US for some Munnagiri but their plan has been put into deep freeze by a certain Mr. Khan pre-empting them in spreading the message of love, peace and tolerance in My Name Is Khan.

Director Rajkumar Hirani and producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra had ambitiously announced the third Munnabhai film ‘Munna Bhai Chale Amerika’ right after the release of Lage Raho Munna Bhai. They had even come up with a teaser of the third film in which Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi were shown learning English for their American trip.

The film was set to roll by the end of this year. But then came ‘My Name Is Khan’ in which Shahrukh Khan as the moderate Muslim did all that Munnabhai was supposed to do in the US. Consequently, the film’s director Rajkumar Hirani and writer Abhijat Joshi are now forced to change the script of ‘Munna Bhai Chale Amerika’.

Sanjay Dutt, who will again play the eponymous hero, confirmed that the film’s script is being redone because of similarity with ‘My Name Is Khan’. Dutt says the third Munnabhai film will now roll in April next year.