Kareena Kapoor dazzles for Manish Malhotra

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2985764607-1.jpg

The grand finale of the Lakme Fashion week (LFW) 2014 was memorable as actress Kareena Kapoor looked classy and elegant as the showstopper in designer Manish Malhotra’s creation.

Malhotra’s collection raised the glamour quotient with every attire featuring bling and glitter.

Kapoor wore a metallic purple lehenga (long, embellished skirt) with grey shades and a diamond- and silver-studded open jacket which she teamed with a netted chunni (long scarf).

She said: “I wear what I feel comfortable in. I think Manish is a gift to the film industry and I feel comfortable in all his outfits.”

The bridal costumes were a blend of long gowns, skirts, saris, lehenga cholis (blouses) with heavy diamond-studded sequins and embroidery work.

Malhotra said: “It’s been a long journey. She is my sister. She has been the coolest bride I have ever dressed, so Lakme can’t have a better showstopper than Kareena.”

On Kapoor’s outfit, Malhotra said: “I have used two versions of grey. I want this grey to be popular this winter.”

Actor Varun Dhawan kickstarted the finale by walking the ramp in black pants and a jute jacket with a velvet red Chinese collar.

The runway at the show was decorated with flowers.

Many celebrities, including Kajol, Karan Johar, Huma Qureshi, Karishma Kapoor, Richa Chadda, Juhi Chawla, Dino Morea, Sridevi, Boney Kapoor and Gauri Shinde, attended the fashion show.