Karan Johar encourages new talent

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Karan Johar is not only a successful producer-director, he is one of the rare filmmakers who encourages new talent. His ready-to-release Agneepath has been directed by first-timer Karan Malhotra and Johar says he had complete faith in him.

"He is making a multicrore film for the first time. I have implicit faith, trust and respect for his talent," Johar said.

Malhotra, who was an associate director with Johar on films such as My Name Is Khan, helmed Agneepath which stars Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra.

"The fact that he has been given this chance to make this film with this big star cast, shows how much faith we have in him and his talent," said Johar whose banner is ready with Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, again directorial debut of Shakun Batra. Johar has also launched new directors Ayan Mukherji (Wake Up Sid); Rensil D'Silva (Kurbaan); Tarun Mansukhani (Dostana); Siddhartha Malhotra (We Are Family); and Punit Malhotra (I Hate Luv Storys). And Johar's co-production with Ekta Kapoor will see newcomer Akshay Roy wielding the megaphone.