Kambakkht Ishq worst film, Kareena worst actor

chief

Prime VIP
Kambakkht Ishq worst film, Kareena worst actor at Indian Razzies

New Delhi, Mar 13 : Sajid Nadiadwala's 'Kambakkht Ishq' may be touted as an example of India's big foray in Hollywood what with presence of Hollywood stars Denise Richards and Sylvester Stallone but it also hogged the honours at an awards ceremony to 'celebrate' the ''worst of the worst'' films and performances from the Mumbai film industry last year.

The second edition of the Golden Kela awards, India's version of the Razzies and country's premier awards for the ''Best-Made-Bad Films of Bollywood,'' saw the Kareena Kapoor Akshay Kumar-starrer bag a lion share of the honours along with Nikhil Advani's Chandni Chowk To China, Ashutosh Gowarikar's What's Your Rashee and Yashraj Films' Dil Bole Hadippa at India Habitat centre last night.

Kareena was adjudged the Worst actor (female) for her 'glamorous diva' act in Kambakkht Ishq, while Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards were selected for the special 'Bawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke' (Have You Gone Crazy?) award for their appearances in the film.

Nikhil Advani's Chandni Chowk To China also bagged a host of awards including the Worst Supporting actor award for Ranvir Shorey, the Worst supporting actress award for Deepika Padukone and the Insensitivity Award.

Yashraj Films' Dil Bole Hadippa was another film that dominated the honours at the event. The film won the 'Most Original Story' award for copying from a bad Hollywood film 'She's The Man' as well as the Worst Pair award for Rani Mukherjee and Shahid Kapoor.

Ashutosh Gowarikar's What's Your Rashee, another film to make a mark at the function, fetched the Worst actor (Male) for Harman Baweja and the worst director award for Ashutosh Gowarikar.

Jackie Bhagnani got the Worst newcomer (male) award for his debut in 'Kal Kisne Dekha,' while Shruti Hasan won the Worst newcomer (Female) for 'Luck'.

In the music category, 'Love Mera Hit Hit' from 'Billu' won the 'Most Irritating Song,' while lyricist Sameer won the 'Most Atrocious lyrics' award for 'Love Me Love Me' from 'Wanted'.

Awards were also given in special categories like Lajja award for worst treatment of a serious issue, which went to Kabir Khan and Aditya Chopra for New York, the Dara Singh award for worst accent to Abhishek Bachchan for Dilli 6, the 'Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaye' (Stop, we've Had Enough) to Madhur Bhandarkar and the Black award for Emotional Blackmail to 'Paa'.

The worst critic award was given to Taran Adarsh.

This year's chief guest at the awards, instituted by the Random magazine, was MTV VJ Cyrus Broacha.

On being invited as chief guest Cyrus said, ''This is a great honour, equal to the honour of Raja of Rubbish, bestowed on me many years ago by an esteemed colleague. I haven't slept in a week and have been visiting the urinal every three hours, because of the unprecedented excitement. I even requested Lalit Modi to postpone the IPL launch in order to fit this in.'' According to Jatin Varma, Editor of Random magazine, this year's show was a bigger and better one.

''This year, the show has been bigger. Last year, we had just 16,000 people voting for the awards. This year the figure has crossed two lakh,'' he said.

--UNI

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Kareena is useless crap .. she looks 40+ .... i think now she should take break frm film industry...as pata nahi isnee kadho hit film ditti si ?
She says she want to work with Hrithik and can leave any film to sign a film with him lolzzz.... Hrithik have standards nor he or any director will sign u against him..apni film flop nahi karni hai lolz