Jillian Ward is a small wonder

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2834578628.jpg

Five year-old Jillian Ward is perhaps the biggest star among celebrities her age, and one of the most visible with her various TV and film projects.

The child prodigy is the lead star in GMA's Christmas series, Namamasko Po (Greeting You a Merry Christmas), where she plays the role of a unique doll that can talk, sing and dance, besides many other things.

If there's any doubt about how this diminutive child wonder has become a big star, consider the A-list celebrities who agreed to be part of her supporting cast, including Michael V and Claudine Barretto.

"I like my role because I'm a cute doll with many powers," she tells tabloid!.

Ward, born to Filipino-American parents on May 23, 2005, got her start in a TV commercial.

"A lot of people liked the commercial, so I became a little famous," she says.

"Then somebody offered me a chance to appear in a TV series. My mother and I agreed, because I want to be a big star."

Impressed

And that's what she has become. After playing a bit part in the fantasy series The Last Prince, she was given the lead role in the remake of a popular '70s film hit, Trudis Liit (Little Trudis), where she impressed audiences with her bubbly and charming character.

That catapulted her to stardom — a fact that she is well aware of.

"When I go to the mall, I have to disguise myself. But even if I do, people still mob me, and they want to have my autograph," she says.

She just finished a movie — Si Agimat at Si Enteng — with action superstar Bong Revilla Jr and comic king Vic Sotto, which will be screened in this month's Metro Manila Film Festival.

While busy granting the wishes of others in her Christmas series as a magical doll, Ward has a wish of her own.

"I want to win as child actress in the film fest," she says, without batting an eyelid.

It is no surprise that this tiny bundle of talent has become a child wonder.

Jillian's favourites

Colours: Pink, blue and green.Food: Spaghetti and fried chicken.Cartoon: Powerpuff Girls and Spongebob Squarepants.

[/img][/COLOR]