James Franco ‘had low energy, wasn’t high’ at Oscars

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3347533640.jpg
Critics skewered James Franco for a poor job co-hosting the Oscars with some saying he looked stoned onstage, but the actor said it was likely low energy, not dope, that was to blame.

Franco, who hosted the world's top film awards in February alongside actress Anne Hathaway, told David Letterman on his talk show on Thursday that he had thought about his poor reviews and speculation he was under the influence of marijuana and he thought he knew why.

"I love her, but Anne Hathaway is so energetic. I think the Tasmanian Devil would look stoned standing next to Anne Hathaway... She has a lot of energy," Franco said on the Late Show with David Letterman, according to a transcript released by the show.

Franco responded: "I think I actually — I haven't watched it back — maybe I had low energy. I honestly played those lines as well as I could."

Franco, 32, is best known for his dramatic roles in movies like 127 Hours, for which he earned an Oscar nomination this year, but he also has taken roles in movies with plots revolving around marijuana, such as Pineapple Express.

Franco's Letterman appearance will air on Friday.

[/img][/COLOR]