Jada Pinkett is defending her children's careers

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett has defended her decision to let her two children start their showbusiness careers at such a young age, insisting they don't shoulder the same burdens as other pre-teen stars because they have no financial pressures.

"This isn't about fame or money. They were still going to have their trials because of who their parents are. As much as I wish I could figure out a way I could protect my children, they have their destiny. I'm not going to put brakes on that out of fear," dailystar.co.uk quoted her as saying.

Their son Jaden, 12, kickstarted his movie career with last year's remake of The Karate Kid, while his 10-year-old sister, Willow, launched herself as a singer and is currently on tour with Justin Bieber.

"Our children are allowed to stay in the paradigm of being a child. They don't have to take care of their families: become the complete emotional, physical and financial focus that happens to many child stars.

"It is something to manage. I will not overlook that. I have a 10 year old who can stand up in front of an audience of 17,000 and rock the hous