It's Dhoom time

Lily

B.R
Staff member
After writing two instalments of successful action film Dhoom series, Vijay Krishna Acharya aka Victor is delighted to take on the responsibility of directing Dhoom 3.

"I'm very happy as I am directing Dhoom 3," said Acharya, adding that he was sure from the very beginning he would be directing the movie.

The first two instalments of the film were directed by Sanjay Gadhvi.

"I like to direct what I write. When I started writing [part three], I knew that I would be directing it. I became a writer by default, I always planned to direct a film. I am at pre-production stage and am happy wherever I am at present," he added.

Aamir Khan has been roped in to play the pivotal role in Dhoom 3. The female lead for the film is yet to be decided.

So does he find himself burdened with the expectations of Dhoom fans?

"As a filmmaker what you can hope to do is doing what drives you. I will make a film which I would believe I should do and I can," said Acharya.

"It's the first film that I had directed; so it would always be close to my heart. Success and failure are a part of filmmaking," added Acharya, who has also scripted Pyaar Ke Side Effects and wrote the dialogues for Mani Ratnam's Guru and Raavan.