Inception leads the Oscars tally

Lily

B.R
Staff member
358550856.jpg
The Academy awards ceremony has been underway for a hour and a half already – how time flies when you're praying for Anne Hathaway and James Franco to leave the presenting to someone else.

List of 83rd annual Oscar winners
Stars sparkle on Oscars red carpet

The King's Speech has just won the award for best director -- it's Tom Hooper's first Academy Award. With the technical awards now out of the way, it looks like Inception's run is over, and it's time for the King's Speech to start its sweep.

He talked about "the trio of man love which is Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and me; Helena I hope that doesn't make you jealous. I know there's been a lot of thanking of mums,"he said, "but this is different."

He recalled how his mother, who has never seen a play, was to a play called The King's Speech. "She came home and rang me up and said 'Tom, I think I've found your next film.' With this tonight i honour you and the moral of the story is, listen to your mother."

Inception won its fourth award for best visual effects, in addition to sound editing and mixing and cinematography, and The Social Network its third for Best Editing, for Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Score; the King's Speech has one, for Best Screenplay and The Fighter has walked away with both Supporting Actor awards for Melissa Leo and Christian Bale.

The f-word has already been used in one acceptance speech – and no, it wasn't Bale's - it was his co-star Leo, who dropped it into her Best-Supporting Actress thank yous, saying “When I saw Cate a couple of years ago it looked so easy.” (“I've done that profanity before, Bale joked when he collected his award later.)

Highlights so far include Helen Mirren and Russell Brand's sparring as they presented the Best Foreign Language feature; their easy humour is in sharp contrast to Hathway and Franco's scripted stiffness
[/img][/COLOR]