Imran Khan joins MTS for rock fest

Gill Saab

Yaar Malang
Mobile service provider MTS India is all set to rock five cities i.e. Kolkata, New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Pune with 'MTV Independence Rock' (MTV I-Rock), India's biggest and oldest Rock Music Festival.

I-Rock as it is fondly known has a 25 year history, this year the musical festival starts from November 7.

The call for entries from budding rock bands across the five zones has been invited by Imran Khan, Bollywood star and Youth Icon, Amitesh Rao, Director-Brand and Marketing, MTS India, Aditya Swamy, EVP and Business Head, MTV, Ferzad Palia, Business Head, Vh1 and Farhad Wadia, CEO, E18.

Speaking about the event, Imran Khan said, "I am excited to be a part of the 26th edition of MTV Independence Rock brought alive by MTS Red Energy. It is a platform which has introduced some of the most famous rock bands to India. I've always been a big fan of rock music, and I have great memories of attending I Rock over the years. I'm hoping to see some great new bands along with old favorites."

The program is aimed at engaging change leading youth more meaningfully. In today's time when 'Online Social Status' has truly become social status, the 'Red Energy' program allows youth to leverage their online influence to advance their real life status with rewards and recognition from MTS.