I'm still learning to deal with controversies, says Preeti..

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Her first film is yet to hit the screens, but Preeti Desai is making news owing to her alleged affair with Abhay Deol.

"I have been kind of preparing myself. I've been taking the stories with a pinch of salt. I find it quite amusing reading some stories which are just made up from thin air. So I just kind of let it be," Desai said.

The actress' debut film Shor In The City is slated for an April 28 release in India.

"I'm still learning to deal with controversies, gossips and rumours. When I decided to enter the industry, a lot of people told me that this is part of it. So I kind of knew in the beginning that stuff will come out and people will make up things," said Desai, who was Miss Great Britain 2006.

"Your personal life is personal. I don't think I need to clarify anything. I don't usually comment on my personal life. Let people say or write what they want to," she said.

In the upcoming dark comedy, Desai will play the love interest of Sendhil Ramamurthy. The film has been produced by Ekta Kapoor and also stars her brother Tusshar.