I salute Aadesh Shrivastava's work: Kailash Kher

jassmehra

(---: JaSs MeHrA :---)
kailashkher5-1.jpg

aadeshshrivastava-1.jpg

Friend and colleague Kailash Kher says Aadesh Shrivastava never left his smile at home

I heard Aadesh was unwell a couple of weeks ago, and visited him at the hospital. It was terrible to see a man so full of life in that state. Doctors had already given up but his family was hoping against hope. He was not in a condition to recognise anyone. The doctors were trying everything possible, and had even ordered an injection from the US, but unfortunately, nothing helped.

His departure is a loss to the industry. I think God has a fondness for talented people; he takes them away early.

I have known Aadesh for 15 years. I knew his brother Chitresh too. After his death in an accident, Aadesh considered me his brother. Three months ago, we recorded a personal song for him. He was unwell and appeared exhausted. He was undergoing treatment at the time, but his smile never faded. We had once worked on the concert, Global Sound of Peace, along with Amitabh Bachchan. It was an initiative to spread peace after the Mumbai 26/11 terror attacks.

He wanted to hold a similar concert in Delhi, but unfortunately, it could not be. After working with almost every composer, I say Aadesh was one of the most talented. I salute his work. He maintained a good relationship with fellow composers and singers. Rarely did he pressurise a singer. In fact, he would create a light-hearted atmosphere in the recording studio. I remember how he made it easy for me to sing Rang Deeni, a song from Dev. He would crack jokes, tease others and spread a lot of love in the studio. I never saw him depressed or upset. That's what made him loveable.

I enjoyed several compositions by him, but my favourite continues to be Kehta Hai Babul from the film Babul. It is a lovely song, and Amitji's (Bachchan) voice makes it memorable.