I can't believe I'm married to Mr. Rajesh Khanna's daughter

chief

Prime VIP
"I can't believe I'm married to Mr. Rajesh Khanna's daughter" - Akshay Kumar

Akshay Kumar has made a secret pledge to himself. As soon as the first copy of his retro-homage to the 1970s, Action Replayy, is complete, the first person who will watch the film will be his father-in-law Rajesh Khanna.

Arrangements have already been made for the special screening sometime next week. Akshay has clearly told his director-friend Vipul Shah that no one gets to see Action Replayy before Rajesh Khanna.

Ever since Akshay Kumar could remember, he has been the hugest fan of Rajesh Khanna. And now the reclusive Khanna has been coaxed out of his ivory tower to view his son-in-law's latest film which pays homage to the decade when Rajesh Khanna ruled.

Says Akshay Kumar, "As a kid, I was the biggest Rajesh Khanna fan. Who wasn't his fan in the 1970s? I remember queuing up for hours to watch Aradhana, Amar Prem, and Kati Patang. These are among my favourite films of all times."

Interestingly, Akshay married his idol's daughter in real life. Marvels Akshay, "Look at what destiny had in store for me. I married my idol's daughter! I still can't believe it."

Convincing the reclusive Khanna wasn't easy. Says Akshay, "But I was determined that he watches the film. The film is set in the era that belongs to my father-in-law. I am so proud of being part of the family now. Yes, Mr. Khanna will be the first person to watch the film. I'm determined about that."