I believe in freedom of thought: SRK

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
Actor Shah Rukh Khan has spoken out yet against the Shiv Sena. Already facing the heat for speaking up in favour of inclusion of Pakistani

players in the IPL, he says he is sad that his statements have been seen as a stand against a group.

Having earlier stood by his statement, the owner of the IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders tweeted, “Sad my statements are seen as a stand against a group instead of a stand for myself and my individuality. Differences in ideology should be grounds for debates and discussion. A must for freedom of thought. To see it any other way is so unfortunate.”

He later told a television channel, “Should I retract the fact that I am an Indian? Should I retract what my freedom fighter father taught me? What did I say that was wrong? All I said was that I wanted people to come to my country.”

Admitting that the stakes were very high, with the Sena threatening boycott against his February 12 release My Name Is Khan, he added, “Sorry to business partners as what I have said may affect the film.”