'I am Singh' -Movie Review

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP
5a4dafd0ea.jpg

Singh have now become a powerful character and are being featured in a number of movies. Previously it was 'Singh is Kinng' then 'Speedy Singh' and now 'I Am Singh'. Actor and director of the movie Puneet Issar is the man himself in the movie. In the movie he talks about the racial discriminations and hate crimes that is the aftermath of the incident of 9/11 in the United States of America. The theme is correct but is not convincingly written to create the required magical effect. Also the implementation of the story is quite out dated and doesn't match with any of the present cinematic requirements.

Also the theme that the movie is based on is not unique and has been used in the past in movies like I PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN, CROOK, NEW YORK, KURBAAN, KHUDA KAY LIYE, MY NAME IS KHAN. There are no such issues or subjects highlighted that you would feel it has something different than what we have watched earlier. Only some of the sequences sound different.

The story is of a young man who is a Sikh named Ranveer Singh. He is a confident man well settled in India with his brothers being a citizen of United States and are residing there. All was going well when suddenly he received the news of her brother's sudden death. Also he was told that his father is injured and the other brother to him is missing. All of these incidents were interlinked but there was no clue of the reason behind it.

This incident turns the Ranveer's life and he faces the delimema with courage and went to USA to find out the reasons behind all these incidents that happened to his family. In a state of confusion he reaches US but doesn't know who to contact to as no one knew the reasons behind the tragedy. Also there he observed the situation that was going on after 9/11 which leaves him in a state of total puzzlement. It was then when he met a Pakistani guy named Rizwan Haider he got to know about what happened that day. Ranveer Singh then met a policer officer in the LAPD who is a Sikh himself named Fateh Singh. Fateh guides Ranveer and took him to the American human rights activist and a lawyer named Amelia White. She then fights the case on behalf of Ranveer.

The movie has some rise and falls of appeal. Some of the sequences are attention grabbing while some feels like of no connection to the sequence. The correct drama that should have been depicted in some of the scenes is missing which includes the character's interaction with the cops. The sequences based on the attacks on Asians due to racial discrimination are not properly handled and the second hour of the movie just heads downwards. The music of the movie is also uninspiring.

Whereas the acting is concerned, Puneet Issar governs the overall show. Other characters seem below the mark including Gulzar Chahal, Rizwan Haider and Tulip Joshi.

Overall effect of the movie is below the mark and the sequences are too weak to grab your attention till the finale.[/img]