'Housefull' is not for pseudo intellectuals: Sajid Khan

dc16

- dEsPeraTe cRaNky -
Comedian-turned-director Sajid Khan, well known for his devil-may-care attitude says his recently released 'Housefull' is not for pseudo intellectuals.
Terming himself as a 90 per cent audience and just a 10 per cent director, Sajid has lived life and made movies on his own terms and did not want critics' opinion to know that his film is good or bad.

0.jpg

"Nobody in the world loves cinema more than me. I eat sleep, love movies. I am nearly 40 and still unmarried because my wife would be the one who has been a movie buff like me since she was born. Do critics make a difference? 'Housefull' is not a 'leave your brains behind' kind of a film. It has a very intelligent screenplay," Sajid said.

When asked about the genre of the film which is touted to be a huge family entertainer, Sajid said, "'Housefull' is Sajid's brand of comedy unleashed. I have made it keeping universal audience in mind. 'Heyy Babyy' was a comedy with drama. It was actually a 'dramady', just like 'Munnabhai' series. On the other hand 'Housefull' is a romantic comedy entertainer."