Hope 'Filmistaan' helps me make black and white film: Kakkar

Gill Saab

Yaar Malang
Mumbai, June 3 (IANS) After making a promising start with "Filmistaan", Nitin Kakkar is hopeful of materialising his plans of making a black and white movie on Urdu writer Saadat Hasan Manto's stories and finding producers for his dream project.

"I wanted to make my debut with a black and white film but unfortunately that script never took off. I wanted to adapt Manto's stories. There were five short stories which I wanted to adapt in one story."

He hopes that the "Filmistaan" buzz will help him find producers for the project.

Still determined to make the film, Kakkar said, "As and when things will happen, I'd love to make them as those stories are very close to me."

"Yes, the entire film will be in black and white that's the big criteria and that is why I was not getting producers also. People thought it's a very festival thing to do and may not work commercially. I hope 'Filmistaan' helps me to make this film. But, you never know what will happen," he added.

Meanwhile, Kakkar has been signed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra to direct his next film and he says he will take forward the Manto project after that.

"Yes, I am doing Mehra's next film and I am not allowed to talk about it. So that's my next project and post that I will think about Manto."

His "Filmistaan", featuring Sharib Hashmi in the lead, is coming out June 6.