Honey Singh says, “Don’t use me as an excuse”

DBF

Mad

Honey Singh says, “Don’t use me as an excuse”
Honey Singh, one of bhangra music’s most iconic stars, has spoken out against the recent uproar caused over offensive lyrics of some of his songs that led to a scheduled show being cancelled in Gurgaon in the aftermath of the brutal gang rape that took place in India’s capital city, Delhi.

The Punjabi rapper was forced to cancel his New Year’s Eve show scheduled in Gurgaon following public outrage over certain lyrics to his songs that have been termed offensive towards women. With an online campaign underway against the rapper, activists have also lodged an FIR against him in Lucknow on Monday.

The Delhi gang rape that led to the death of the 23-year-old victim has raised the issue of increasing violence against women in this South Asian country and placed India in the international spotlight. Responding to the allegations, Honey Singh said: “Before you blame me, blame the government for not taking action against the rapists in the first place! Don’t use me as an excuse.

“#HoneySinghIsInnocent – trend if you’re with me! I’ve admitted that my past was a wrong choice, but now I deliver completely different music.”

Mr Singh’s manager, Anup Kumar, has denied claims that the Gurgaon show was cancelled due to the outrage caused over the singer’s offensive lyrics and instead stated that the cancellation was an act of solidarity for the Delhi gang rape victim.

He told Indian news agency PTI: “We did not cancel the show because of this petition and FIR. We cancelled it in the wake of Delhi gang rape issue. This is not the first concert we are cancelling in Delhi after that horrific incident. We had also cancelled our much publicised December 25 event.”

However, the hotel itself has refuted such claims. The Bristol Hotel in Gurgaon where Mr Singh’s show was scheduled to be held has maintained that the event was cancelled due to the mounting agitation over the star’s offensive lyrics. The hotel has also stated that the cancellation was a decision by the management and not by Mr Singh.

Mr Singh has released a public notice that claims that he is not the author of the lyrics and has threatened legal action against media outlets playing the videos/songs: “Honey Singh wishes to clarify through this notice that he has no connection whatsoever with the said songs. My client has already written to various digital platforms to immediately take down the video/songs and is also considering appropriate legal action for defamation, loss of reputation and violation of privacy”.

parasrampur

Gurjit Singh Dhanoa
Apne gaaneya'ch bahut Gandh ah aj kal, oh geetan nu koi Kuch Nahi kehnda lol.
Jehre sharaab vaare geet ah?? Jaa kuriyan nu sharaab de naal milonde ah?
Gandase, bandooks etc etc.

Aapa honey singh nu blame Nahi deh sagde kyon ki eh taan bande da dimag kaam karna chaida, Hun main punjabi gangster song sunke kise nu maaran taan laga Nahi :P

India, What is wrong with you?!?
Yo Yo Honey Singh faces 3 years jail & Is being blamed for the rapes in India because of a song he released 6years ago(an underground track which im not condoning) seriously WTH! We mind aswell get rid of all these "gangster" type songs and songs about alcohol and drugs because people listen to them and mite think its kool to be a tough guy or do drugs and get smashed..
Why is this coming up now?? Rapes have been happening before and banning somebody isn't going to stop them happening. Things happen in India because the public can easily get away with breaking the law and they know it, why?? Because there is so much corruption. "Money makes the world go round"
That's what the public should be more worried about.
This just seems like the INDIAN GOVERNMENT is trying to divert the issue of the gang rapist and there sentences :(
People have to use there brains, I don't go around shooting people because its in a song lol.
The public of India has to do something to help themselves, girls in tight jeans and mini skirts that show off, ofcourse people are going to get the wrong idea, image wise :(
"The person with the gun isn't necessarily the murderer.. The person who pulls the trigger is"
How about get rid of corruption in India? Or bring in equality??

Reactions: DBF

tomarnidhi

truth is cheapness sells .. when honey singh or munni, shiela chikni chameli... Music & movies objectify women in the worst manner possible.

Reactions: DBF