Holly Robinson Peete 'officially' leaving 'The Talk'

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member

Just days away from its season premiere, "The Talk's" line-up is still in play. Already the CBS chatfest, created by "Roseanne" alumna Sarah Gilbert, gave Leah Remini the heave-ho in August. And on Friday (Sept. 2), Holly Robinson Peete blogged that she's been "officially" not invited back for season 2.

"After weeks in limbo, I was finally 'officially' given word from CBS today that I have not been picked up for the 2nd season of The TALK," Robinson Peete wrote on her personal blog. "I realize there have been several reports and 'leaks' for sometime to this effect but until today I was not contractually released which prevented me from moving on and finding other work."

She continued:

"While I am relieved to have this closure, it doesn't diminish my disappointment one bit about not continuing with a show I worked very hard to launch and love dearly. But I've been around long enough to know that while you cannot control certain situations you CAN control how you respond to them. Thank you to CBS for a tremendous opportunity to realize a long held dream of mine to host a daytime talk show. I learned SO much and will cherish and build upon my experience. Best of all I made some friends for life."

So what will the talk show look like when it returns on Sept. 6? Gilbert will be back -- along with Julie Chen and (eventually) Sharon Osbourne. Reality TV mom Kris Jenner will also be joining the show for a multi-week guest stint on the show this fall.