Golden Globes still loving Ricky Gervais

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2709258680.jpg

Hollywood stars have thicker skins than previously thought, it seems. Despite a furore following his insult-laden hosting of the Golden Globes last month, British comedian Ricky Gervais has revealed that the event's organisers have invited him to host the event again next year.

Gervais wrote in the UK's Heat magazine: "I did exactly what I went to do: improve on last year's and have a laugh. The response was staggering. It was discussed on every news channel and chat show for weeks.

"The weird thing is, the question is always, ‘Did Ricky go too far?' And the answer is always, ‘No.' I have yet to find anyone who was actually offended by it."

Gervais, who also hosted the Globes in a similarly edgy manner in 2010, didn't reveal if he's accepted the invitation, but has stood by the jokes he cracked at celebrities' expense, telling fellow Brit-in-America Piers Morgan, "I'm sorry if they were offended but I'm not sorry for anything I said.

"They hired me for a job and if they didn't want me, they shouldn't have hired me."

[/img][/COLOR]